Clean deletes all files on remote host cmake projekt

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Clean deletes all files on remote host cmake projekt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I just tested the advanced cmake subsystem. I set the project to access the source files with ssh. Then I did “Clean” from contextmenu:

—— Clean started: Project: xxx Configuration: Debug VisualGDB ——
    Removing /home/tkunze/xxx/…
    ========== Clean: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

tkunze@nb-sys-043:~/xxx$ ls -l
    total 0

So instead of “make clean” vgdb does a  “rm -rf *”.

I attached the cgdbcmake file.

Fortunately it was just a test.

Yesterday I also tried the cmake-subsystem remote files over SSH and couldn’t get it working with WSL. It only worked after I installed openssh in WSL an choose “localhost” as remote machine instead of WSL.

Regards,

Thomas

support
    Keymaster

Sorry, the .vgdbcmake file did not get attached properly. We have just patched the forum engine on our side, so you should be able to upload it again.

We have also rechecked this on a newly created project and it did get cleant correctly. VisualGDB does have an option to remove the entire remote source directory on clean, however it is hidden and ignored for projects that are using direct SSH file access.

Please try attaching the .vgdbcmake file again and we will check what is going on.

Here is the file. I will try to reproduce this.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I guess this happened because I cleared “Binary directory” in cmake project settings. My cmake-file doen’t support out-of-source builds. So need to clear this to make builds work.

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing the details – it helped pinpoint the problem on our side. We have added a check for this case and an option to clean the projects via “make clean” in this build: VisualGDB-5.4.103.3020.msi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.