Clang intellisense suggestions sort by scope

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Clang intellisense suggestions sort by scope

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    borbmizzet
    Participant

Could you please add an option to sort the clang intellisense suggestions by scope? I have a bunch of global typedefs, enums, and methods (STM32 Cube Drivers) clogging up my intellisense suggestions. Creating abstract adapters for the whole thing is not really an option right now.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, this is a bit too specific and non-trivial to add. We would recommend using name filtering (typing a part of the method or a class) and type filters (buttons in the suggestion window) instead.

borbmizzet
    Participant

I meant a sort of the autocomplete suggestions in order of scope relative to the current text being typed in the scope hierarchy, from localest level to globalest level. Like, if you’re coding a member function for a class, put matching member variables, enums, functions and structs local to the same class higher on the autocomplete list than global ones.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB already allows showing the local variables on top of other suggestions via a corresponding button:

However it does not distinguish all the possible scopes (only local variables vs. everything else).

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by support.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.