Changes in QT Designer not having an effect

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Changes in QT Designer not having an effect

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AndyFraser
    Participant

I have configured VisualGDB to cross compile, download and debug QT applications for Raspberry Pi.

If I open MainWindow.ui and make changes then save the changes in QTDesigner and re-build and run the application, the changes are not evident.

This was discussed here but a solution was never proposed:https://sysprogs.com/w/forums/topic/qt-designer/

From that post it would seem that the ui_mainwindow.h should be generated on the Raspberry Pi and pulled into my VS solution by VisualGDB?

Any suggestions ?

Best Regards

Andy

AndyFraser
    Participant

Interesting, ui_mainwindow.h was in the root of my solution folder.

I deleted it to allow it to be re-created and once it was re-created it appeared not in the root of the solution but in the ..autogen\include folder and now seems to correctly track changes made in QT Designer !

Andy

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately, it’s hard to suggest anything specific based on the description you provided. Please try reproducing the problem on a freshly created project. If it persists, please share the full steps to reproduce the issue from scratch, including all the relevant screenshots per our problem reporting guidelines.

AndyFraser
    Participant

Please see my second post – it is all working as expected now.

It seemed it needed me to delete the ui_mainwindow.h from the root of the solution folder and allow it t be re-created in autogen\include.

Best Regards

Andy

support
    Keymaster

No problem and good to know it works. It’s hard to say why it would get placed into the root folder – it could be a side effect of a specific combination of settings. If working around the problem by deleting the file works for you, no further action is necessary. If it becomes more annoying, or you suspect that there’s a bug in VisualGDB affecting the project layout, feel free to attach the repro steps and we will investigate it further.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.