Certain Variables Slow to Show Up in Live Watch

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Certain Variables Slow to Show Up in Live Watch

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    smadeux
    Participant

Right now I’m testing out VisualGDB with our company’s code base, as we are trying to make the switch. I love what has been done so far with the Live Watch and I look forward to future updates, however I do have one question about it.

With certain, large variables, it can take 30-40 seconds for it to show up in the live watch. The ones in our project specifically are pointers to instances of large classes. Is there something known that can be done to speed this up?

We are using ST-Link v2 & V3 as well as J-Link so I could also depend on the debugger since things seem to be a little slower with the J-Link.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, we will try to help. The delay could be caused by 2 independent issues:

• Reading/parsing the symbols from the ELF file
    • Physically reading the memory contents from the device

It is difficult to suggest anything more specific without seeing which parts of the GUI get delayed and which modes you are using. If you could create a short video demonstrating the problem, we might be able to suggest some workarounds.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.