Cant download OpenOCD

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Cant download OpenOCD

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    MystikReasons
    Participant

Since two days I can’t download any version of OpenOCD in the VisualGDB Package Manager.

I’ve waited more than one hour just in this status: “Downloading http://sysprogs.com/getfile/432/openocd-20190426-0.10.0-xz.vgdbxedp using 5 parallel threads…”

I also tried to run Visual Studio 2019 as administrator but it didn’t help.

In which directory are the packages installed so I can add it manually?

support
    Keymaster

Most likely, your antivirus is silently blocking the xz archive unpacker (xzdec.exe in the VisualGDB’s directory). Please double-check your antivirus logs.

You can also install the package manually via Tools->VisualGDB->Manage VisualGDB Packages->Install Package from File, although it will still invoke the XZ unpacker.

MystikReasons
    Participant

I managed to install it manually.

It wasn’t the antivirus because even with it turned off the download wasn’t starting but the unpacking of the XZ unpacker worked even with the antivirus on so don’t know why it wouldn’t download.

support
    Keymaster

Good to know it works. It could have been a network glitch or file system corruption. If you encounter the problem again, please let us know and we will re-investigate it.

miskol
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having the same issue.

1. Trying to update OpenOCD, same error…
    2. Tried to manually update it by downloading the Embedded Debug Method Packages (EDPs).
    3. Got this error
      • VisualGDB version: 5.5.101.3850
        —————— System.Exception ——————
        System.Exception: Unknown package file signature

Please help… or is there anyway or in future a way so that users can use VisualGDB without updates??

Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please let us know the email associated with your license key so that we could check your support status.

miskol
    Participant

Hi,

[email redacted per user request]

can you help delete this post once you’ve acknowledge this please, just want to avoid possible spam.

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by support. Reason: removed email address
    support
    Keymaster

Sorry, we could not find any orders associated with this email address. If you have any other information related to your order (e.g. an order number or the license key), you can submit it via the support form and we will link it to your profile.

miskol
    Participant

Hi,

How do i check what email i used? im evaluating this product currently and trial period would end soon. i need to get this fixed on my end before trial period ends.

Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

Please make sure you use an unmodified VisualGDB installer and do not modify the downloaded packages in any way either. As long as both VisualGDB and the packages are not modified, the installation will work out-of-the-box in both online and offline modes.

miskol
    Participant

Hi,

i have all the intention to purchase VisualGDB but of course i tried with the trial version first to explore and have more understanding of this product.

so i’m pretty sure i’m using an unmodified VisualGDB installer and i didnt modify the downloaded packages, got em all from your site directly.

i’ve also just tried unsintalling VisualGDB, download latest trial version again directly from sysprogs (VisualGDB-5.5r2-trial.msi)… and still having same issue.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by miskol.
    support
    Keymaster

Sorry, it looks like some of the files are corrupt on your side. Unfortunately, this is outside of our control and hence we are not able to resolve it from our side.

miskol
    Participant

Hi,

i got it fixed… by installing to a different PC. so i guess the simple explanation is that my trial period probably ended… by probably i meant there’s no clear indications but instead i had to go through all these errors and troubleshooting.

not cool guys… but still, thanks for all your replies.

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update. VisualGDB does show a clear message when the trial expires, as long as you do not modify any components or registry keys. Manually editing licensing-related keys will indeed suppress the expiration message, but will still prevent VisualGDB from working.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.