Cannot start debuging

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion Cannot start debuging

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    support
    Keymaster

OK. That explains. To debug your driver you need either another physical PC, or a virtual machine.
    The easiest way is to install VirtualBox (it is free), install Windows into it, setup the VirtualKD back-end (go to http://visualddk.sysprogs.org/, look for vminstall), reboot your VM in debug mode and select it in the “Virtual Machine” combo box.

Saman
    Participant

But I want debug on a second machine and IP adress at Target machine field is adress of the second machine,so how I must set Debug launch dialog for debugging on a second machine?

support
    Keymaster

In order to debug a driver on a second machine, you either need either a direct COM, or FireWire connection. This is a general limitation related to driver debugging and is not VisualDDK-specific.

Saman
    Participant

Hmm, I thought it may be also over network, and what is needed IP adress

support
    Keymaster

The IP address is needed to control the driver and update its binary automatically. Otherwise, you would have to copy the file and start the service manually.

Anonymous
    Participant

Thank you so much for this thread, it saved me a lot of time. I didn’t have the virtual machine setup… 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.