Cannot install VisualKD 2.8

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion Cannot install VisualKD 2.8

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ccotton
    Participant

I get an error message when I try to install VisualKD 2.8 on my windows 8.1 (x64) machine. The VM is Windows 7 Pro running in the latest Virtual Box (VirtualBox-4.3.12-93733-Win).

I have attached the two images from the installation attempt: The integrate into VisualDDK dialog and the dialog that contains the error message.

Ok, I see that I cannot attach an image file, or if such is possible, I don’t know how. So here is the error message manually typed:

Begin Quote:
    Unable to cast COM object of type ‘VirtualBox.VirtualBoxClass’ to interface type ‘VirtualBox.IVirtualBox’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{C28BE65F-1A8F-43B4-81F1-EB60CB516E66}’ failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
    End Quote.

I get this error whenever I click the Integrate automatically button. There is no manual integration button to the right of the automatic button as I saw in a screenshot of the integration dialog in one of the online help topics.

Any help will be appreciated.

DaveK23
    Participant

I had this problem, and it was solved for me by following the advice at http://www.virtualroadside.com/blog/index.php/2013/03/11/virtualkd-2-8-with-virtualbox-4-2/ which tells you how to build an updated and compatible version of the Interop.VirtualBox.dll. You’ll need MS Visual C# installed, but the Express versions are free and work just fine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.