Cannot install VisualGDB on Win10 and VS2022

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Cannot install VisualGDB on Win10 and VS2022

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    peini7
    Participant

I’ll try VisualGDB but cannot install it since the installer fails when installing the VS extension.
    It tells me that i need higher permissions but i’am admin on my machine and UAC is completely turned off.
    I’am using the latest version of VisualGDB, just downloaded a few minutes ago.

Here is some output of the installer log:

Action 19:54:19: FinalizeVSIntegrationNormal. Updating Visual Studio package…
    SFXCA: Extracting custom action to temporary directory: C:\Users\danie\AppData\Local\Temp\MSI9D05.tmp-\
    SFXCA: Binding to CLR version v4.0.30319
    Calling custom action VisualGDBCustomActionLib!VisualGDBCustomActionLib.CustomActions.FinalizeVSIntegrationNormal
    Der angeforderte Vorgang erfordert erhöhte Rechte
    MSI (s) (0C!94) [19:54:20:598]: Product: VisualGDB — Der angeforderte Vorgang erfordert erhöhte Rechte

CustomAction FinalizeVSIntegrationNormal returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
    Action ended 19:54:20: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
    Action 19:54:20: Rollback. Rolling back action:
    Rollback: Updating Visual Studio package…
    Rollback: Updating Visual Studio package…

Does anyone have an idea?
    Thank you.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by peini7.
    peini7
    Participant

Ah.. Solved it.

For everyone having the same problem.. Running the installer from an adminstrator command promt did the trick, because there is no “Run as administrator”-button on msi-files.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know it works. Normally, the Windows installer will automatically show the administrator prompt during the installation, however some group policy settings or 3rd-party antivirus software might indeed interfere with it. If you have not changed any security-related settings, this could be an indication that some system files got corrupt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.