Can I start debugging before main()?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Can I start debugging before main()?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GeneM
    Participant

Is there a way in VisualGDB to start debugging at the first line of code that gets executed before main() gets called?  For example, I can put breakpoints at various places where classes get instantiated but I don’t know enough about how the compiler works to know what code actually gets executed first.  So I’m hoping there’s a switch or something similar that just stops the code at the very first line that gets executed.

Thanks – Gene

support
    Keymaster

Yes, there is a setting in VisualGDB Project Properties -> Embedded Debug Tweaking that allows doing that. If you cannot find it, please let us know and we will post more details on Monday.

GeneM
    Participant

If it’s the “Step into new instance (F10) steps in: entry point or main() function” then I found it (see attached).

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s the correct option and thanks for sharing the screenshot. Sorry for being non-specific, we thought suggesting the general direction immediately would be more useful than putting this through the repro queue in order to produce an exact screenshot on our side.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.