Build Error with WiringPi

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Build Error with WiringPi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    WarOfDevil
    Participant

Hi all, i have a problem using the WiringPi library with VisualGDB.

First i followed this tutorial: http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/raspberry/crosscompiler/  , Project can build and debug without any problem. Then i followed this: http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/raspberry/wiringPi/

I did everything step-by-step but when i click on Build this time it fail (The project it’s the same of the first tutorial, only changed the code like the example on the second tutorial). This is output:

This time it says that CONFIG it’s not recognize as internal or external command or executable program, what does it means? If i compile and run the c++ code directly in the rasperry pi it work without any problem.

And btw in the second tutorial it say that we have to add the name wiringPi and pthreat in the include library, i want to notice that pthreat doesn’t exist anymore in the included library.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like you have somehow changed the build command in VisualGDB Project Properties. If it’s just a simple test project, the easiest way to fix this would be to re-create it.

opzet
    Participant

Hi,

I have the same error,  🙁

Found some more info in output ‘clock_gettime@GLIBC_2.17′ issue
    <h5> C:/SysGCC/raspberry/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe -o Debug/DataLogger -Wl,-gc-sections    -Wl,–start-group Debug/DataLogger.o Debug/Display.o Debug/PCD8544.o -lwiringPi -lpthread  -Wl,–rpath=’$ORIGIN’   -Wl,–end-group
    1>         c:/sysgcc/raspberry/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.9/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/lib/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `clock_gettime@GLIBC_2.17′
    1>     1>
    1>collect2.exe : error : ld returned 1 exit status
    1>         make: *** [Debug/DataLogger] Error 1
    1>         ————————————————————-
    1>         Command exited with code 2
    1>         Executable: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
    1>         Arguments: /c “C:\SysGCC\raspberry\bin\make.exe” CONFIG=Debug</h5>

I suspect it to be an issue with libstdc++.so build chain version mismatch with Kernel version?

Problem is the Auto download of Binutils failed, so I did manual download.. I used 4.9.2 r2 with Jessie Kernel 4.1.15+, wrong guess?

Ill try again with 4.6.3 no sysroot and do a manual sysroot update

http://gnutoolchains.com/raspberry/
    <table class=”neat_table”>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <th>GCC</th>
    <th>Compatible Raspbian ima<span class=”auto-style1″>ge</span></th>
    <th>Toolchain download link</th>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>4.9.2</td>
    <td> 2015-11-21-raspbian-jessie</td>
    <td> raspberry-gcc-4.9.2-r2.exe (433 MB)</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>4.6.3</td>
    <td>Universal (sysroot update required)</td>
    <td>raspberry-gcc4.6.3-nosysroot.exe (18 MB)</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>4.6.3</td>
    <td> 2013-07-26-wheezy-raspbian</td>
    <td>raspberry-gcc4.6.3.exe (111 MB)</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The `clock_gettime@GLIBC_2.17′ error occurs when your headers and libraries end up being mismatched after a partial sysroot sync. Please resynchronize your sysroot again. If this does not help, simply reinstall the toolchain from scratch and synchronize it then.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.