Better FreeRTOS debugging like NXP

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Better FreeRTOS debugging like NXP

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    VasiliSk
    Participant

Hello, i have google-d a little and didn’t find answer, do you have similar functionality now?

Better FreeRTOS Debugging in Eclipse

I find heap and stack usage very helpful for fixing mem leaks. There is a table of all allocated memory locations and free areas

Also i have tested VisualGDB and did’t see task names in threads

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, we will consider adding detailed allocation analyzer to one of the next VisualGDB releases.

Currently VisualGDB supports FreeRTOS thread names through an open-source plugin (requires the custom edition or higher, should fully work in trial mode). If it doesn’t work, please share a diagnostic gdb log and a screenshot of the Threads window and we will investigate.

Although VisualGDB currently won’t show dynamically allocated regions, it can highlight the bounds of global variables and stack frames in the memory window. Simply use the advanced memory window and enable global variable highlighting via the toolbar.

VasiliSk
    Participant

Thanks, i will keep an eye for these features

MichalPeterek
    Participant

Hi what’s happened with this function ?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is still on the roadmap, however it is hard to give any estimates currently, we are prioritizing a few other features over it, sorry.

MichalPeterek
    Participant

Ok, can you tell me how can I open this view ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    MichalPeterek
    Participant

Can you delivery for me VisualGDBExtensibility dependency ? I can continue this code on github and add Queue watch table.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can open the Threads view using the Debug->Windows->Threads command in Visual Studio

The VisualGDBExtensibility.dll library is shipped with VisualGDB (normally C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\VisualGDBExtensibility.dll). Simply add it as a reference to the project referencing it and you should be able to build it.

VasiliSk
    Participant

Any progress on rtos stack usage? I’m still waiting 🙂

support
    Keymaster

Yes, please try VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 5: https://sysprogs.com/w/announcing-visualgdb-5-5-preview-5/

VasiliSk
    Participant

okay, shut up and take my money 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.