Application won't execute on RPi

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Application won't execute on RPi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jblook
    Participant

Hi,

I’m a bit of a newbie when it comes to compiling on the Raspberry Pi. I tried using VisualGDB, which works great for debug.

The thing is, i cannot seem to run my resulting executable on the RPi (Raspbian) without the debugger.

I’m getting an error claiming “Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting “)”).
    Google searches show this error in various contexts, but none helped me solve the issue.

Thanks in advance…

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Does it happen when you hit Ctrl-F5, or when you launch it manually on Raspberry Pi via SSH? Do you have any special environment/command-line arguments set? Does the deployment directory path contain any special characters?

jblook
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I was referring to launching it manually via SSH. Checking the CTRL-F5 option, which i wasn’t aware of until now, works too.

I didn’t change any of the folder settings, and on my local drive it’s saved on C:\my_project_name (with underscores, obviously a different name :)).

Thanks…

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know it works now. If you encounter this problem again, please attach a screenshot of the error showing the exact command you are using and SmarTTY output. This should help understand what could be causing it.

jblook
    Participant

Hi,

It’s working now.

I’m new to Linux. Apparently I had to do ./<filename>.

I also did chmod +x prior to that. Don’t know if that’s the reason.

I suspected there was some linux-y “simon-says” kind of a thing that i was missing. 🙂

Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.