[Android] Visual GDB issue list

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB [Android] Visual GDB issue list

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cdoty
    Participant

I like the potential of the VisualGDB plugin, but I cannot get it to work on anything but the simple NDK sample app.

There was an initial error with /usr/bin/sh if msys is in the path. Cygwin, in the path, causes a make error 127.

I tried creating a project from an existing NDK project (sanangeles), and it auto updates the sources, but creates and invalid makefile line (no ” at the end of the LOCAL_SRC_FILES line and duplicate files or no removal of the initial values) :

#VisualGDBAndroid: AutoUpdateSourcesInNextLine
    LOCAL_SRC_FILES := app-android.c app-linux.c app-win32.c demo.c importgl.c
    importgl.c
    demo.c
    app-android.c

I deleted the win32 and linux files, and it never updates the mk.

Occasionally I get this:
    1>

Build started: Project: AndroidApp3, Configuration: Debug Win32

1>Build started 6/5/2012 11:08:59 AM.
    1>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command “”D:Program Files (x86)SysprogsVisualGDBVisualGDB.exe” /build AndroidApp3-Debug.vgdbsettings” exited with code 1.
    1>
    1>Build FAILED.

At some point I was able to remove the AutoUpdateSourcesInNextLine part, and manually edit the mk file. At that point it was complaining about finding GLES/gl.h. I was building against android 1.6(android-4), which has the headers.
    I also had this problem when modifying the example project to include some of my own source file, built against 2.3.3 (android-10)

It does work with ndk-build as long as I use ‘ndk-build APP_PLATFORM=android-9’

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the bug. We’ll add support for the trailing ” in the next version. As a workaround, you can modify the LOCAL_SRC_FILES statement to fit all source files on 1 line (without the ” character anywhere). Then VisualGDB will parse and update it correctly.

Note that the MK file is updated each time you build the project from Visual Studio and not when you actually delete or add the files.

We will also add the explicit platform specification to ndk-build in the next version. As a workaround, you can build the project using ndk-build until we release the new version. The deployment and debugging will still work as expected.

support
    Keymaster

We have fixed the bugs you mentioned in VisualGDB 2.1. If you encounter any further problems, feel free to post here.

Anonymous
    Participant

I am running my android application with visual GDB, which is integrated to visual 2010.
    When ever i build my application I am getting this error.

Error 7 error MSB3073: The command “”C:Program Files (x86)SysprogsVisualGDBVisualGDB.exe” /build “C:Usersbond007DesktopAndroidProject2AndroidProject2AndroidProject2.vcxproj” “/solution:C:Usersbond007DesktopAndroidProject2AndroidProject2.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1. C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38

In the previous comments it was told that the bug is fixed in the next release. But I am having the same issue.
    When I click on the error it takes me to Microsoft.Makefile.Targets, can somebody plz suggest a fix to this.

Thanks in advance
    -Steve

ket
    Participant

Hi,

Please look in the Output window for the complete error message.

This is a generic error meaning that the build failed and the error could not be mapped to project source files, usually it means the error is a missing reference or tool error.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,

I have exactly the same error as steve, I’m running my android application with visual GDB and I’m getting this error :
    “4>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0V120Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command “”C:Program Files (x86)SysprogsVisualGDB\VisualGDB.exe” /build “C:Androidcocos2d-x-3.3beta0AndroidProjectAndroidProjectAndroidProject.vcxproj” “/solution:C:Androidcocos2d-x-3.3beta0AndroidProjectAndroidProject.sln” “/config:Debug (Android)” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1.”

I don’t really understand the answer of ket, how can i fix this error?

Thank you.

ket
    Participant

Hi,

In Visual Studio please find the Output window. If it is not shown, then you can make it shown from the View menu. The full log of the build is in shown in the Output window. The error list is only meant for errors that relate to source code lines e.g. syntax errors. Other types of errors can happen during a build e.g. library linking problems or problems with Android tool setups. The error you listed means that the build failed, but the error could not be mapped to source code. Hence you should read the full build log from the Output window to understand the cause and fix it.

Anonymous
    Participant

First of all, thank you for your answer πŸ˜€

So this is what I get in the OutPut window :

1>

Skipped Build: Project: libcocos2d, Configuration: Debug Win32

1>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
    2>

Skipped Build: Project: libAudio, Configuration: Debug Win32

2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
    3>

Skipped Build: Project: libchipmunk, Configuration: Debug Win32

3>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
    4>

Build started: Project: AndroidProject, Configuration: Debug (Android) Win32

4> VisualGDB: Run “C:Androidandroid-ndk-r9dndk-build.cmd NDK_DEBUG=1 APP_PLATFORM=android-14 VGDB_VSCONFIG=Debug__Android_ NDK_MODULE_PATH=C:/Android/frameworks/com.sysprogs.cocos2d-x-v3;C:/Android/frameworks/com.sysprogs.cocos2d-x-v3/external;C:/Android/frameworks/com.sysprogs.cocos2d-x-v3/cocos” in directory “C:Androidcocos2d-x-3.3beta0AndroidProjectAndroidProject” on local computer
    4>Android NDK : warning : APP_PLATFORM android-14 is larger than android:minSdkVersion 9 in ./AndroidManifest.xml
    4>Android NDK : warning : C:/Android/frameworks/com.sysprogs.cocos2d-x-v3/cocos/./Android.mk:cocos2dx_static: LOCAL_LDLIBS is always ignored for static libraries
    4>Android NDK : warning : C:/Android/frameworks/com.sysprogs.cocos2d-x-v3/cocos/platform/android/Android.mk:cocos2dxandroid_static: LOCAL_LDLIBS is always ignored for static libraries
    4> [armeabi] Gdbserver : [arm-linux-androideabi-4.8] libs/armeabi/gdbserver
    4> [armeabi] Gdbsetup : libs/armeabi/gdb.setup
    4> [armeabi] Install : libcocos2dcpp.so => libs/armeabi/libcocos2dcpp.so
    4> VisualGDB: Run “C:Androidapache-ant-1.9.4binant.bat debug” in directory “C:Androidcocos2d-x-3.3beta0AndroidProjectAndroidProject” on local computer
    4> Buildfile: C:Androidcocos2d-x-3.3beta0AndroidProjectAndroidProjectbuild.xml
    4>
    4> -set-mode-check:
    4>
    4> -set-debug-files:
    4>
    4> -check-env:
    4> [checkenv] Android SDK Tools Revision 23.0.5
    4> [checkenv] Installed at C:Androidadt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140702sdk
    4>
    4> -setup:
    4> [echo] Project Name: AppActivity
    4> [gettype] Project Type: Application
    4>
    4> -set-debug-mode:
    4>
    4> -debug-obfuscation-check:
    4>
    4> -pre-build:
    4>
    4> -build-setup:
    4> [getbuildtools] Using latest Build Tools: 20.0.0
    4> [echo] Resolving Build Target for AppActivity…
    4> [gettarget] Project Target: Android 4.0
    4> [gettarget] API level: 14
    4> [echo]

4> [echo] Creating output directories if needed…
    4> [mkdir] Created dir: C:Androidcocos2d-x-3.3beta0AndroidProjectAndroidProjectbinrsObj
    4> [mkdir] Created dir: C:Androidcocos2d-x-3.3beta0AndroidProjectAndroidProjectbinrsLibs
    4> [echo]

4> [echo] Resolving Dependencies for AppActivity…
    4> [dependency] Library dependencies:
    4> [dependency]
    4> [dependency]

4> [dependency] Ordered libraries:
    4> [dependency]
    4> [dependency]

4> [dependency] API<=15: Adding annotations.jar to the classpath.
    4> [echo]

4> [echo] Building Libraries with ‘debug’…
    4>
    4> nodeps:
    4>
    4> -set-mode-check:
    4>
    4> -set-debug-files:
    4>
    4> -check-env:
    4> [checkenv] Android SDK Tools Revision 23.0.5
    4> [checkenv] Installed at C:Androidadt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140702sdk
    4>
    4> -setup:
    4> [echo] Project Name: cocos2dxandroid
    4> [gettype] Project Type: Android Library
    4>
    4> -set-debug-mode:
    4>
    4> -debug-obfuscation-check:
    4>
    4> -pre-build:
    4>
    4> -build-setup:
    4> [getbuildtools] Using latest Build Tools: 20.0.0
    4> [echo] Resolving Build Target for cocos2dxandroid…
    4> [gettarget] Project Target: Android 2.3.3
    4> [gettarget] API level: 10
    4> [echo]

4> [echo] Creating output directories if needed…
    4> [echo]

4> [echo] Resolving Dependencies for cocos2dxandroid…
    4> [dependency] Library dependencies:
    4> [dependency] No Libraries
    4> [dependency]
    4> [dependency]

4> [dependency] API<=15: Adding annotations.jar to the classpath.
    4>
    4> -code-gen:
    4> [mergemanifest] Found Deleted Target File
    4> [mergemanifest] Merging AndroidManifest files into one.
    4> [mergemanifest] Manifest merger disabled. Using project manifest only.
    4> [echo] Handling aidl files…
    4> [aidl] No AIDL files to compile.
    4> [echo]

4> [echo] Handling RenderScript files…
    4> [echo]

4> [echo] Handling Resources…
    4> [aapt] Found new input file
    4> [aapt] Generating resource IDs…
    4> [aapt] (skipping file ‘.gitignore’ due to ANDROID_AAPT_IGNORE pattern ‘.*’)
    4> [echo]

4> [echo] Handling BuildConfig class…
    4> [buildconfig] No need to generate new BuildConfig.
    4>
    4> -pre-compile:
    4>
    4> -compile:
    4> [echo] Creating library output jar file…
    4>
    4> -post-compile:
    4>
    4> -obfuscate:
    4>
    4> -dex:
    4> [echo] Library project: do not convert bytecode…
    4>
    4> -crunch:
    4> [crunch] Crunching PNG Files in source dir: C:Androidframeworkscom.sysprogs.cocos2d-x-v3cocosplatformandroidjavares
    4> [crunch] To destination dir: C:Androidframeworkscom.sysprogs.cocos2d-x-v3cocosplatformandroidjavabinres
    4> [crunch] Crunched 0 PNG files to update cache
    4>
    4> -package-resources:
    4> [echo] Library project: do not package resources…
    4>
    4> -package:
    4> [echo] Library project: do not package apk…
    4>
    4> -post-package:
    4>
    4> -do-debug:
    4> [echo] Library project: do not create apk…
    4> [propertyfile] Updating property file: C:Androidframeworkscom.sysprogs.cocos2d-x-v3cocosplatformandroidjavabinbuild.prop
    4> [propertyfile] Updating property file: C:Androidframeworkscom.sysprogs.cocos2d-x-v3cocosplatformandroidjavabinbuild.prop
    4>
    4> -post-build:
    4>
    4> debug:
    4>
    4> -code-gen:
    4> [mergemanifest] Found Deleted Target File
    4> [mergemanifest] Merging AndroidManifest files into one.
    4> [mergemanifest] Manifest merger disabled. Using project manifest only.
    4> [echo] Handling aidl files…
    4> [aidl] No AIDL files to compile.
    4> [echo]

4> [echo] Handling RenderScript files…
    4> [echo]

4> [echo] Handling Resources…
    4> [aapt] Generating resource IDs…
    4> [aapt] (skipping file ‘.gitignore’ due to ANDROID_AAPT_IGNORE pattern ‘.*’)
    4> [aapt] invalid resource directory name: C:Androidcocos2d-x-3.3beta0AndroidProjectAndroidProjectres/image.png
    4>
    4> BUILD FAILED
    4> C:Androidadt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140702sdktoolsantbuild.xml:653: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    4> C:Androidadt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140702sdktoolsantbuild.xml:698: null returned: 1
    4>
    4> Total time: 3 seconds
    4>

4> Command exited with code 1
    4> Executable: C:Androidapache-ant-1.9.4binant.bat
    4> Arguments: debug
    4> Directory: C:Androidcocos2d-x-3.3beta0AndroidProjectAndroidProject
    4>VisualGDB : error : Command-line action failed
    4>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0V120Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command “”C:Program Files (x86)SysprogsVisualGDB\VisualGDB.exe” /build “C:Androidcocos2d-x-3.3beta0AndroidProjectAndroidProjectAndroidProject.vcxproj” “/solution:C:Androidcocos2d-x-3.3beta0AndroidProjectAndroidProject.sln” “/config:Debug (Android)” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 3 skipped ==========

This is what my build failed I guess :
    4> BUILD FAILED
    4> C:Androidadt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140702sdktoolsantbuild.xml:653: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    4> C:Androidadt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140702sdktoolsantbuild.xml:698: null returned: 1

But why is it not working, I mean, it was working perfectly few minutes before and then now there is a problem with a file I never heard about it?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like a known Android bug. Please try suggestions here: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=60496

Anonymous
    Participant

I tried to clean the solution and to rebuild it many times but it still not working πŸ™

Anonymous
    Participant

I create a new Solution and now it works fine, I don’t know why πŸ™„

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Cleaning the solution is not sufficient. You need to delete some ant-specific cache files outside the binary directory. You can read more by following the link in the previous post.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.