Android – Do not build and redeploy if there are no changes

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Android – Do not build and redeploy if there are no changes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    d__b
    Participant

Hello,

I have a question regarding Visual GDB in use with Android NDK. Whenever I start debugging, the entire solution is built and redeployed to the device regardless of whether or not I actually changed anything. Sometimes I just want to restart debugging several times without any changes, but since my app is around 100mb large it takes quite a while to redeploy. I know that there is an option, where I can tell VS not to redeploy the app, but I feel that there should be a way to tell Visual Studio to automatically detect when there are no changes and just relaunch the app and the debugger on the device. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks a lot for your help,
    David.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. Currently the automatic detection is not supported, however we agree that it would be a useful feature. We have added it to the roadmap of the next version of VisualGDB.

d__b
    Participant

Thank you very much for considering my feedback. I have to say, I really enjoy using VIsual GDB for Android development. It is a lot more intuitive and easy to set up than eclipse. I will convince my boss to buy a few licenses when the trial runs out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.