a project suddenly gets duplicate gdbservers

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB a project suddenly gets duplicate gdbservers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    wademaxfield
    Participant

I have several projects.  A project with flavors now gets duplicate gdbservers when I press the debugging symbol in Android Studio 1.5.1, and refuses to finish build.  If I do a normal build, it gets the visualgdb debug server, and will build, but it always adds in another gdbserver if I click on the debugging icon.  Another project is fine.

So far, the only work around I have determined I can do is to build the project with debug, have it fail, then build it as release, then debug it using the debug flavor.  Fortunately, the pre-built .o files aren’t conditioned to rebuild at that time, so debugging symbols are still there.

Has anyone else run into this, and have a solution? This is not like the user from 2014, with multiple JNI libraries, I only have one that is built by visualGDB.

support
    Keymaster

One of the possible workarounds is to rename the gdbserver to libgdbserver.so by patching the Android.mk file. VisualGDB will recognize libgdbserver.so as the alternative name for gdbserver and will launch it automatically.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.