WinCDEmu won’t read no cd/dvd image for game properly

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu WinCDEmu won’t read no cd/dvd image for game properly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

So I’ve been going through all of my games and making digital iso files of all my games on my external drive and downloading nocd/dvd cracks if needed so when I want to install/play I don’t have to hunt down my copy of the game. I have an image of The Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle Earth II The Rise of the Witch King made. Installed the game no problem but of course the game wouldn’t run because it didn’t detect the physical dvd in the drive. So I found a nocd/dvd image (the regular cracks won’t work because there’s some sort of protection in the game that causes your units to explode if you modify the game.dat file) and mounted that but the game still didn’t detect it. However, I installed Daemon Tools Lite and mounted the .mds file in THAT program and the game worked perfectly fine. So why will the game detect the no cd/dvd image as a legitimate DVD in Daemon but not in WinCDEmu – what do I need to tell the program to get it to work? Anybody else had similar problems?

Anonymous
    Participant

because WinCDEmu is epic fail, that is why

and probably also because wincdemu does not emulate cd or dvd drive, only data discs which you can already extract with 7zip so I do not see what the point

after trying it for a while and seeing the author activity here, I have come to the conclusion this software had no future

I recommend you using alcolol52% free edition, altho it’s really one big piece of shit software, but there is nothing better at the moment

Anonymous
    Participant

also if you were planning to install it just to give it a try…. DON’T DO THAT

the uninstaller will just remove files in program files folder, everything else will remain sitting on system32/drivers and registry, and unless you are an expert you won’t be able to remove it, ever… total wreck, forget it

Anonymous
    Participant

Thanks was going to try it out. Is portable ver. ok though?

Anonymous
    Participant

ah forget this wincdemu or any like it , 7zip & alcohol wtg

Anonymous
    Participant

Portable version is “fine” ( some left of registry ) but don’t give you any problems

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.