WinCDEmu Portable – Microsoft Windows (The application is no

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu WinCDEmu Portable – Microsoft Windows (The application is no

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    korayhamza
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m currently writing this post whilst in Safe Mode with Networking.

The problem began when I started to use the tool ‘WinCDEmu Portable’ to mount disc images. The tool requires the installation of a non-Windows driver for the .IMG file to be mounted and read. Upon installing this driver, I attempted to load the content, but was unsuccessful. After this point, my laptop became extremely slow to load anything. I managed to uninstall the driver and delete the tool (along with the disc images) using the options provided – this did not resolve the problem.

I then restarted my laptop, this made the problem worse. Avast! among other startup programs failed to load, my laptop then froze entirely. I waited for a response, but eventually had to force shutdown using the power button.

After turning on my laptop again, I was prompted with the option of booting in safe-mode, I chose to continue normally. The boot time seemed fine until I reached the ‘Welcome Screen’, where it was then unbearably slow.

After reaching the desktop, I was then prompted with this message box (unspecific to what application it was referring to):

Microsoft Windows
    The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.
    Options: END PROCESS or CANCEL

Again, I had to force shutdown. The next time I booted my laptop, I chose safe mode where it was running normally without an issue. I assumed the problem was concerning drivers or new registry entries created by ‘WinCDEmu Portable’ so decided to System Restore to a week ago. This also did not resolve the problem, I am still greeted by ridiculously slow loading times and that same Microsoft Windows message after a normal boot.

Now considering the potential of something malicious, I scanned my laptop using Malwarebytes which resulted with 2 infections. These could be entirely unrelated, as the problem still persisted once they were removed. I am still yet to scan my system with Avast! since the beginning of this problem.

To summarise this problem, I can’t boot normally without eventually encountering the Microsoft Windows error message which freezes and crashes my laptop. Also, programs don’t seem to be functioning correctly, i.e. the Action Center reports Avast! to be turned off.

Apologies for the essay, but this problem has taken me beyond confusion.

Ask away for further details and/or clarifications. The specification of my laptop are as follows:

Windows Edition: Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1
    Model: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2410M CPU, 2.3 GHz
    RAM: 4 GB

Thank you for any help on this matter.

Kind regards,

Koray

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.