Will VisualGDB connect to Atmel SAM-BA bootloader?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Will VisualGDB connect to Atmel SAM-BA bootloader?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GeneM
    Participant

I have some GHI Electronics G400S SOMs with an Atmel SAM9X35 926EJ-S ARM microcontroller loaded with the Atmel SAM-BA bootloader.  Will VisualGDB be able to connect, download and debug programs to this SOM over it’s USB port? I can do this with the .Net Micro Framework and C# in Visual Studio and it would sure be nice if I could continue using these SOMs with native C/C++ and VisualGDB. The SAM-BA documentation seems to say it can but I don’t have access to the hardware to actually give it a try.  Thanks – Gene

support
    Keymaster

Sorry, this looks like a very niche configuration that will not be supported directly. If you could find out the exact steps and command lines to do it outside VisualGDB, we can help you configure VisualGDB to automate them, but unfortunately we cannot offer any help beyond that.

GeneM
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. Is the issue that the G400S is a niche or that Atmel’s SAM-BA is a niche or the combination of the two?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by GeneM.
    support
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, both are way too specific, will be relevant to a very small fraction of our users, and would require non-trivial changes to fully support.

That said, we can always support it via our paid customization/consulting service. Feel free to reach out to our sales to get a quote.

GeneM
    Participant

This project has come up and again and I’d like to ask the question a different way.  It looks like I can access the JTAG pins on the SAM9X35 part and the Segger J-Link EDU module does support this device.  But I haven’t found a SAM9X35 or ARM926EJ-S in the list of MPUs in the VisualGDB New Embedded Project -> Device Selection table.  There are some part numbers that come close but nothing exact.  Does VisualGDB support this device?

support
    Keymaster

VisualGDB supports most Atmel devices via the Atmel START integration. If the device is supported by Atmel START, you can target it with VisualGDB as shown here.

If not, please follow our legacy device tutorial to setup a project.

You can also import an existing project and reuse the existing Makefile. As long as J-Link supports the device, you will be able to debug it with VisualGDB.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.