Whitespaces in path

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Whitespaces in path

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MystikReasons
    Participant

Which version of GDB is VisualGDB using?

And why cant I have a path with whitespaces in it (Embedded Project)?

The problem is my whole computer is set up on whitespaces and so its pretty difficult for me to debug because my breakpoints dont work.

Seems like this problem has already been fixed in 2012: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9500790/gdb-how-to-set-a-breakpoint-in-a-file-with-spaces

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The GDB binary is typically supplied with your toolchain and depends on your project type. Generally, we were not able to get gdb to work reliably with spaces in paths during our tests and hence recommend using paths without spaces. You can try working around this via the Path Mappings page of VisualGDB Project Properties (see the “All Commands” view of the GDB Session window to see the exact commands sent by VisualGDB), setting the “Use file names only” checkbox on the Advanced GDB Settings page, or by running the breakpoint commands with different path syntax directly via the GDB Session window.

If you manage to find a specific breakpoint command that works with your paths, feel free to post it here and we will help you configure VisualGDB to issue this command.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.