Visualizer Tutorials/Documentation?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Visualizer Tutorials/Documentation?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BitFlipper
    Participant

Hi,

Other than the two tutorials here and here, as well as the API documentation here, is there any other info I can use to find out how to make more advanced visualizers using the C# type visualizer API? I can’t seem to find many examples with a search, or more detailed documentation.

For instance, say I’m able to retrieve the name of a specific type (e.g. “Foo”) as well as a pointer to that type (e.g. “0x001234”). So I do know what the pointer value is, as well as the type (both as strings). How do I present this as an expandable node to VS so it acts the same as if it was just a plain “Foo *”?

Maybe another way to ask the question that could answer it indirectly… In the 2nd tutorial where it uses the type VeryBasicArray<int>, how would you instead handle VeryBasicArray<Foo *>?

Thanks in advance for any help!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by BitFlipper.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by BitFlipper.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is correct. We have a detailed API reference and 2 tutorials demonstrating various aspects of the API.

If you would like to support visualizing complex types, we would advise taking time and browsing through the API documentation until you get comfortable with the APIs. If some of the functionality is not working as shown in the tutorials, we can investigate and fix it, but it’s up to you to find the best way to use various features for your specific use case.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.