VisualGDBbuild window forces itself to the front

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDBbuild window forces itself to the front

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MystikReasons
    Participant

Since the newest VisualGDB version 5.5 prev. 1 the “VisualGDB Build” window and the “GDB Session” window are forcing themself to the front when I’m not using any project related to VisualGDB.

In my example I have a C++ project WINAPI project and everytime I build the project, the VisualGDB Build window forces itself infront of the “Output” window of Visual Studio.

Could you revert this setting for projects which aren’t related to VisualGDB?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 1 could indeed show the VisualGDB Build window for non-VisualGDB builds. We have already fixed it in our development branch (you can try this build: VisualGDB-5.5.2.3372.msi).

The GDB Session window should only appear for VisualGDB-based debug sessions. If not, please try closing it manually and describe the exact steps to reproduce the issue from opening Visual Studio to triggering the problem. We are asking for this because the behavior is likely caused by some rare combination of settings or actions and we are not able to guess it, or suggest anything meaningful without knowing what exactly you are doing to trigger the problem.

MystikReasons
    Participant

The new build fixed the problem.

About the VisualGDB build window: It seems like it was an artifact. It never happened to me again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.