VisualGDB with Wiznet W500P

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB with Wiznet W500P

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    eNick
    Participant

I’m wondering if anyone has yet made a VisualGDB project that runs on the new W500P chip from Wiznet.  (The W500P is a firmware TCP/IP stack plus a MAC plus a PHY, all bolted onto an Arm Cortex M0.)  I’d be very interested in hearing about such experience.  Thanks.

• eNick
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Not yet. We have actually managed to get TCP/IP to work with the STM32 devices using their lwIP port, but if anyone wants to share instructions on the W500P chip, we will happily repost them.

eNick
    Participant

First of all, I meant W7500P, not W500P.  Appologies for my typing error.  As a matter of fact, I would MUCH rather

get my VisualGDB STM32F407 project working with LwIP than with the W7500P chip.  I only looked at the W7500P

because I first looked at LwIP and it doesn’t look so good to me.    I would LOVE to have something like LwIP that

actually worked with my standalone project, if I thought I would live long enough to ever figure out how. 🙂  Note that I have

recently found out that the W7500P PHY will NOT support fiber optic transceivers, so the W7500P is of no more interest to me.

My plan now is to live long enough to figure out how to get LwIP to work in my project, and just solder on a PHY/transceiver

that does support LC fiber communication.  (My customer hates media converters, for no good reason that I can figure out.)

Thank you very much for your input.

– eNick

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can check out this tutorial for step-by-step instructions on using lwIP with STM32: http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/stm32/lwip/

eNick
    Participant

Thanks much for that VisualGDB/LwIP info!  I will give it a try.

– eNick

eNick
    Participant

Um, ah, it sounded too good to be true and it was. 🙂  I followed the tutorial up to the point where it was time to choose an example, and an HTTP Server was NOT in the list of offerings (closest thing was an F7 Discovery LCD demo).  I have VisualGDB v5.1 Preview 2 and Visual Studio 2005 Pro.  Ideas?  I SURE would like to see that example.

– eNick

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just update your STM32 BSP via Tools->Embedded Tools Manager. It should be version 3.4.

eNick
    Participant

Updating to BSP v3.4 was all I needed.  Thanks very much.

– eNick

support
    Keymaster

No problem. Enjoy VisualGDB.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.