VisualGDB with VisualAssist

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB with VisualAssist

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MystikReasons
    Participant

Right now I’m testing Visual Assist. Unfortunately VisualGDB (Clang Intellisense) doesn’t seem to check that Visual Assist is installed.

To use Visual Assist, do I have to use the regular VC++ Intellisense?

And what are the main differences between the Clang intellisense and VC++ intellisense (featurewise)?

support
    Keymaster

Sorry, we do not support Visual Assist.

MystikReasons
    Participant

So could you please then answer my second question?

support
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, as you have created a high amount of highly specific inquiries (45 topics with 88 posts altogether), we are not able to provide a detailed reply. The documentation about VisualGDB’s and Visual Assist features is available online.

We have to prioritize our support based on the amount of affected users and are not able to provide any further details in this case.

Goerge255
    Participant

I think the main difference is that VisualAssistX can rename symbols and the Clang cannot

support
    Keymaster

Clang IntelliSense fully supports renaming symbols. Simply right-click on a declaration and select “Rename” to rename it.

VisualGDB also supports C#-style renaming where you can edit the declaration name in-place and use the Quick Actions menu (Ctrl-. keyboard shortcut) to rename all references.

wtherapy
    Participant

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I want to use Visual Assist and disable completely the dedicated Intellisense (or whatever) features come installed with VisualGDB. Please present the steps required to do this

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please refer to the following page for detailed overview of VisualGDB’s IntelliSense engines and instructions for switching them: https://visualgdb.com/documentation/intellisense/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.