VisualGDB & VAssistX error

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB & VAssistX error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MystikReasons
    Participant

I’ve recently downloaded the trial version of VAssistX via Visual Studio 2019 Extensions.

VisualGDB asked me if it should use the VAssistX Intellisense or the regular Clang Intellisense so I choosed the Clang Intellisense from VisualGDB.

Now my problem: The subfolder of PROJECT/VisualGDB Properties is completely gone and also after a restart it didn’t help.

And now the IntelliSense doesn’t know what a “class” is (see screenshot #1)

Im using Visual Studio 2019 RC Community with VisualGDB ver. 5.4R3 (build:2978)

I’ve imported a fresh project via VisualGDB from the STM32CubeMX with the STM32F411RE.

Output log:

1>—— Build started: Project: TMC5160_StepperMotor, Configuration: Debug VisualGDB ——
    1>main.c
    1>stm32f4xx_hal.c
    1>stm32f4xx_hal_rcc.c
    1>stm32f4xx_hal_rcc_ex.c
    1>Src\main.c(22):
    1>C:\Elektronik_Projekte\Software\TMC5160_StepperMotor_Software\TMC5160_StepperMotor\TMC5160.hpp(16,1): error : unknown type name ‘class’
    1> class TMC5160
    1> ^~~~~
    1>C:\Elektronik_Projekte\Software\TMC5160_StepperMotor_Software\TMC5160_StepperMotor\TMC5160.hpp(17,1): error : expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{‘ token
    1> {
    1> ^
    1>Done building project “TMC5160_StepperMotor.vcxproj” — FAILED.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    MystikReasons
    Participant

Update: I updated the visualgdb version to build 3003 from 2978 and now the window is showing again but the class syntax is still being highlighted as an error.

MystikReasons
    Participant

Update2: The Clang Intellisense (also the Advanced one) doesn’t recognize my class but VC++ Intellisense does so I’m going to use this until I know the reasons for the error marks

support
    Keymaster

Based on the output log from your first message in the thread, the project fails to build. Hence, the problem is likely not related to IntelliSense at all. Please double-check your code and your settings and ensure the project can be built successfully. If the IntelliSense errors are still shown even after the projects builds successfully, please try reopening the solution so that VisualGDB resets the temporary caches.

MystikReasons
    Participant

You were right it was a build error and now it works again. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.