VisualGDB test error.

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB test error.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tekati
    Participant

I installed VisualGDB into Visual Studio 2013.
    Ran through this tutorial: http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/raspberry/

Trying to rebuild test program I get this build log.

Build started 7/24/2014 5:23:02 PM.
    1>Project "F:UsersrobertDropboxSourcePiTestPiTestPiTestPi.vcxproj" on node 2 (Rebuild target(s)).
    1>Rebuild:
    "C:Program Files (x86)SysprogsVisualGDBVisualGDB.exe" /rebuild "F:UsersrobertDropboxSourcePiTestPiTestPiTestPi.vcxproj" "/solution:F:UsersrobertDropboxSourcePiTestPiTestPi.sln" "/config:Debug" "/platform:Win32"
    VisualGDB: Attempting inline build...
    VisualGDB: Run "make CONFIG=Debug clean" in directory "/tmp/VisualGDB/f/Users/robert/Dropbox/Source/Pi/TestPi/TestPi" on pro@192.168.1.180 (SSH)
    make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop. Command exited with code 2
    Executable: make
    Arguments: CONFIG=Debug clean
    Directory: /tmp/VisualGDB/f/Users/robert/Dropbox/Source/Pi/TestPi/TestPi
    1>VisualGDB : error : Command-line action failed
    VisualGDB: Updated source file list in F:UsersrobertDropboxSourcePiTestPiTestPiMakefile. Enable verbose mode for more details.
    VisualGDB: Sending 6 updated source files to build machine...
    VisualGDB: Run "make CONFIG=Debug" in directory "/tmp/VisualGDB/f/Users/robert/Dropbox/Source/Pi/TestPi/TestPi" on pro@192.168.1.180 (SSH)
    mkdir Debug
    g++ -ggdb -ffunction-sections -O0 -DDEBUG -c TestPi.cpp -o Debug/TestPi.o -MD -MF Debug/TestPi.dep
    g++ -o Debug/TestPi -Wl,-gc-sections -Wl,--start-group Debug/TestPi.o -Wl,--rpath='$ORIGIN' -Wl,--end-group
    1>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0V120Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(43,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:Program Files (x86)SysprogsVisualGDBVisualGDB.exe" /rebuild "F:UsersrobertDropboxSourcePiTestPiTestPiTestPi.vcxproj" "/solution:F:UsersrobertDropboxSourcePiTestPiTestPi.sln" "/config:Debug" "/platform:Win32"" exited with code -1.
    1>Done Building Project "F:UsersrobertDropboxSourcePiTestPiTestPiTestPi.vcxproj" (Rebuild target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

Time Elapsed 00:00:08.94

Tried closing Visual Studio 2013 no luck. Was getting error 9009 until then.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Based on the log, the clean action fails because there is no project built yet (it should be normally ignored), but the build succeeds. Does the normal build command (not rebuild) work?

tekati
    Participant

@bazis wrote:

Hi,
    Based on the log, the clean action fails because there is no project built yet (it should be normally ignored), but the build succeeds. Does the normal build command (not rebuild) work?

You are right it does build. It threw me because I am showing 100 intellisense errors. Any idea why I am getting a ton of errors?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB supports IntelliSense by providing configuration and compatibility definitions to the Visual Studio IntelliSense engine. However, some GCC-specific constructs still confuse it and cause false positives. We are currently developing an independent clang-based IntelliSense engine that will solve that problem. As a temporary workaround, you can right-click on the errors window and disable IntelliSense errors completely.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.