VisualGDB Support for Nucleo Boards

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB Support for Nucleo Boards

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

How do I start a project for a Nucleo-144 board with the STM32CubeMX Project Wizard?

Using the STM32CubeMX Project Wizard, opens CubeMX with only the option to select a processor, not a board. If I opt to start a project with the Embedded Project Wizard, I can get things working by specifying GPDSC format. However, that issues the warning that the option may be discontinued in future CubeMX releases. But they’ve been threatening that for a while, maybe it’ll be around indefinitely?

Current CubeMX release is 6.5.0

VisualGDB version is 5.6R5 (Build 4569).

I’m using VisualStudio 2022.

Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

There is no special option to select a particular Nucleo board on the VisualGDB side. You can try selecting a device, letting VisualGDB launch STM32CubeMX, and then checking for options to add a board.

If this doesn’t work, you can simply generate an STM32CubeIDE project (not GPDSC) and import it via the VisualGDB’s Embedded Project Wizard. It will work as good as the Advanced STM32CubeMX Project Wizard.

That said, if you are using STM32CubeMX 6.5.0, please consider updating to the recently released VisualGDB 5.6R6. It includes a workaround preventing STM32CubeMX from inserting irrelevant files into the generated project, causing the build to fail.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.