VisualGDB Preview 5.5 IAR Support

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB Preview 5.5 IAR Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dan5912
    Participant

I have downloaded and installed 5.5 preview with “IAR Support”, selected IAR compiler in the build wizard, but am not given any options to set up the IAR toolchain. Additionally, after I set up the IAR toolchain manually via the mak file, the IAR warnings and errors are still not recognized by the new visualgdb build window. Initial make messages are supported, but I see no support for IAR. Am I missing something? There does not appear to by any tutorial or explanation on this topic despite advertising it as a new feature.

dan5912
    Participant

I should clarify that I am importing an IAR project, not creating a new project. Creating new appears to work.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally, the IAR should work out-of-the-box and modifying the Makefile should not be necessary.

Please double-check whether the IAR toolchain appears on the Toolchain Selection page of the VisualGDB Embedded Project wizard:

• When creating a new project from scratch
    • When trying to import a project

If the toolchain appears while creating a new project and doesn’t appear while importing it, would you be able to send us the .ewp file so that we could check what is going on?

support
    Keymaster

BTW, we have just updated our IAR tutorial showing the new out-of-the-box integration. Feel free to use it as a reference while troubleshooting IAR-related issues.

joerg
    Participant

Hi,

I`ve just downloaded the Trial Version and I am having the same Problem.

The IAR toolchain dos not appear for download, neither in creating a new Project nor in importing an existing Project.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please make sure you use the VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 1, not v5.4.

Also you need to install the IAR compiler separately, and make sure you have a valid license for it (see this tutorial). We are not affiliated with IAR Systems, so VisualGDB can integrate with an existing IAR installation, but cannot redistribute it independently.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.