VisualGDB + how to import LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS in C++

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB + how to import LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS in C++

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    PChopade
    Participant

Hi,

I have STM32F469I-EVal board.

I created VisualGDB project using standard procedure, for “LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS”.

It was created as a C project. But I wanted it to be C++.

May I know how to import it as a C++ project?

or do i need to convert all those required .c files into .cpp? Do I need to add _cpluscplus at MSBuildSettings->PreprocessorMacros?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Prashant

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The sample projects like “LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS” come from the ST examples, so if the original example is written in C, VisualGDB will not automatically change it to C++, as simply renaming files may introduce build errors.

There are quite a few things to watch for when converting Plain C code to C++ (the most notorious one is extern “C”), however as this is a generic C/C++ development question and is not specific to VisualGDB, we cannot provide step-by-step instructions for converting each sample. That said, such a conversion is a very commonly performed task, so searching resources like StackOverflow for the errors you encounter will most likely give you detailed answers from other users that performed a similar conversion.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.