VisualGDB Force Newer CMake Version

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB Force Newer CMake Version

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Noah
    Participant

Hello,

I have been having a problem when trying to use a CMake executable other than the SysProgs fork. Due to the requirements of outside libraries, I need to use CMake 3.19; however the sysprogs fork is only 3.15. When setting up a project, I do specify a different CMake executable (version 3.19) but I continue to be prompted by VisualGDB to download cmake with SysProgs Extensions.

Here is how I set up my project:

1. Create New VS Project
    2. New Embedded Project
      1. Project Type
        1. Import a project built with command-line tools
          1. “Import a CMake project with Advanced CMake Project System
      2. Device Selection
        1. MIMXRT1064CV5LA
      3. PROMPTED WITH MESSAGE: “VisualGDB Requires CMAKE 3.10+ with Sysprogs Extensions. Do you want to automatically download and install it?
        1. Click “NO”
      4. Import CMake Project
        1. Directory with CMakeLists.txt: [set to my project top level CMakeLists.txt]
        2. CMake Binary: “C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.exe” <- CMake Version 3.19
        3. […] Left defaulted
        4. Use existing CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE
          1. Existing Toolchain file: [Path to my toolchain.cmake within my project tree]
      5. Debug Method
        1. Segger J-Link
      6. [Finish]
      7. PROMPTED WITH MESSAGE: “VisualGDB Requires CMAKE 3.10+ with Sysprogs Extensions. Do you want to automatically download and install it?
        1. Click “NO”
      8. Project opens, solution explorer says “Load failed. Double-click for details.”
      9. Open Project->VisualGDB Project Properties
        1. Set up cmake command line arguments for cmake to define some variables.
        2. Click Apply
        3. PROMPTED WITH MESSAGE: “VisualGDB Requires CMAKE 3.10+ with Sysprogs Extensions. Do you want to automatically download and install it?
          1. Click “NO”
      10. solution explorer says “Load failed. Double-click for details.”
        1. Double clicking displays: “Loaded [project path].vgdbcmake. Waiting for VS to set the active configuration…
          [project path].vgdbcmake: active configuration changed to Debug”
      11. Build->Rebuild Solution:
        1.  ========== Project Configuration Summary ==========
          [Project Name] configured in 00:25
          ========== Configuration: 1 Succeeded, 0 Failed, 0 Skipped ==========
        2. PROMPTED WITH MESSAGE: “VisualGDB Requires CMAKE 3.10+ with Sysprogs Extensions. Do you want to automatically download and install it?
          1. Click “NO”
          2. Output window states:
          3. System.OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
            at fe.d(b b, a a)
            at s61.p6(r2 f, Int32 a, dm2 d, ks2 b, un2 e, Boolean c)
            at s61.w3(r2 a, Int32 b)
        3. solution explorer says “Load failed. Double-click for details.” and this process repeats.

From the tutorial:

https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/cmake/import/

I understand that the behavior should be that VisualGDB should still be ok with the non-sysprogs version of CMake, albeit without the extra features implemented in the sysprogs cmake fork.

However, I am stuck in the loop above.

I am using VisualGDB version 5.5R4 (build 3920).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We normally advise using our CMake fork when building projects on the Windows side, as we routinely test various VisualGDB features with it. That said, you can configure VisualGDB to use a specific CMake executable via Tools->Options->VisualGDB->General->Tools->Full path to cmake.exe.

We have also updated our CMake fork based on the latest v3.20.3 release. You can update it via Tools->VisualGDB->Manage VisualGDB Packages.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.