VisualGDB for Qt5 deployment on Pi

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB for Qt5 deployment on Pi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vrajago
    Participant

Hey everyone! My first time developing using VisualGDB/Qt/Visual Studio, and I’m running into an issue during setup. I followed the tutorial over at https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/raspberry/qt5/

Everything until step 10 works according to the tutorial. At step 10, when I hit F5 to start debugging, I repeatedly receive an error in the VisualGDB Remote Console panel, shown below:

QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display.

Any idea what this means? I can provide more information, I just don’t know what’s relevant and what’s not. The way I understand it, the build gets completed, but something is preventing the window of the sample program from opening up on the Pi (I’m using the Raspberry Pi 3). I’ve tried Googling the error but nothing relevant (as far as I could tell) came up. What other relevant info can I provide? Thanks in advance.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The message refers to the X11 – mechanism used to show GUI on Linux systems. Normally SSH should forward those connections to your Windows computer and you would see the GUI locally. This could be broken due to several reasons:

• Missing X11 packages server on the Raspberry Pi
    • X11 forwarding disabled by the SSH server
    • X11 forwarding disabled in the per-host VisualGDB settings
    • X11 permissions not configured properly

A quick workaround would be to select “Show X11 windows on the remote computer” on the Debug Settings page of VisualGDB Project Properties.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.