VisualGDB Error during Arduino programming

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB Error during Arduino programming

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tangren
    Participant

Hello,

I use VisualGDB 5.6R7 and get an error (System.Exception) when I flash the sketch to an Arduino Board.

VisualGDB version: 5.6.107.4680
    —————— System.Exception ——————
    System.Exception: Possible circular references in command line template for openocd
    bei k7.h(lq2 a, Dictionary`2 b, String& c)
    bei f9.a1()
    trace=[k7.h:313, f9.a1:66]

I’ve installed ALL available Debuggers, but none is for Arduino boards?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like your technical support period has expired. We would be happy to help you, however we would kindly ask you to renew your technical support on the following page first: https://sysprogs.com/splm/mykey

Tangren
    Participant

Hello,

are you kidding me? I won’t have technical support, it is a System.Exception error from VisualGDB. What has this things to do with each other? I can use the license for all 5.6 version updates and I tell you about an error in an 5.6 update.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you would like us to investigate the issue and release a hotfix, it would be reasonable to ask you to renew your support, as it has expired last January. If you do not wish to do it, you are welcome to continue using the product you purchased, however you would need to resolve any issues you encounter on your side.

dba
    Participant

HI ! I Have support and this problem

I have arduino Primo Core

I have eroor , when I run the sketch

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Thanks, we have confirmed the issue and found the root cause. The latest nRF52 Arduino package changed the OpenOCD command template to a format that was not supported by VisualGDB:

tools.openocd.upload.pattern="{path}/{cmd}" -s "{path}/share/openocd/scripts/" -f "{runtime.platform.path}/variants/{build.variant}/{build.openocdscript}" -c "program {{{build.path}/{build.project_name}-merged.hex}} verify reset exit"

The extra {{}} after the ‘program’ argument intended to pass the literal ‘{‘ and ‘}’ to OpenOCD was not properly translated.

We have updated VisualGDB to handle this correctly. Please try this build: VisualGDB-5.6.108.4712.msi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.