VisualGDB: error b/c name was changed to lowercase

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB: error b/c name was changed to lowercase

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  support 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #25348

    bycrom
    Participant

    I just started evaluating VisualGDB for a large porting (mac/win -> linux) that I will be doing, so newbie alert.

    I took one of our small windows projects called GlyphStripper and followed instructions to create a linux debug project. It fails to build with the root cause issue being the generated makefile was created using name “glyphstripper” not “GlyphStripper”, when I manually change the make file to use correct case it builds. However this is also causing issues when I try to debug with a break point in main.cpp with debugging output being…

    -break-insert -f /tmp/VisualGDB/n/VisualGDB_NG/retrospect/retrospect/tools/GlyphStripper/glyphstripper/main.cpp:22
    &”No source file named /tmp/VisualGDB/n/VisualGDB_NG/retrospect/retrospect/tools/GlyphStripper/glyphstripper/main.cpp.\n”

    When actually the main.cpp file path is…

    /tmp/VisualGDB/n/VisualGDB_NG/retrospect/retrospect/tools/GlyphStripper/GlyphStripper/main.cpp

    Can someone give me hints on how I can fix this, I can not imagine I would be restricted to lowercase for project names, etc.

    Thank you in advance.

     

    #25349

    support
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    No problem. The file name case for breakpoint setting comes from Visual Studio itself and would normally match the actual case of the path. Please try right-clicking on the tab header for the file in the VS editor and select “Copy Full Path”. Then check if the path seen by VS has the correct case. If yes, please double-check that you have not accidentally specified incorrect case via VisualGDB Project Properties -> Path Mapping.

    If the path shown by VS doesn’t match the actual case of the file, it could have been cached somewhere on the VS level. Normally deleting the .vs directory and reopening the project should solve this (please ensure you are not specifying incorrect case via VS command line or anywhere in the VS project creation GUI).

    If this doesn’t help, please let us know and we will provide further diagnostic instructions.

    #25352

    bycrom
    Participant

    Big thanks for fast reply

    If the path shown by VS doesn’t match the actual case of the file, it could have been cached somewhere on the VS level.

    This was it, not the .vs cache but instead inside the *.vcxproj file, I had to manually edit it and replace glyphstripper with GlyphStripper. I then, just to be clean, reconfigured a new linux visualgdb target and all is working.

    Thank much!

    #25353

    support
    Keymaster

    Good to know it works. If you encounter any further issues, please feel free to create another thread.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.