VisualGdb can't detect toolchain.

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGdb can't detect toolchain.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    elaborate
    Participant

I tried with:

Visual Studio 2022 Latest and Latest Preview version

VisualGDB Latest Release and several nightly build version

IDF Toolchain tested latest 3 version but there is no chance.

II installed latest vs 2022 preview or latest toolchain entire workflow corrupted. but i don’t know who caused this.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please share a screenshot of the Help->About VisualGDB window so that we could see what is going on.

elaborate
    Participant

Also tried other version as attached

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This version should work just fine. Please try deleting the toolchain, installing it manually from https://gnutoolchains.com/esp32/ and restarting Visual Studio. This should get it detected properly.

elaborate
    Participant

i tried ten times 🙂 every toolchain version even visual studio version  from this morning. can i send some diagnostic or something. but how

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by elaborate.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by elaborate.
    Attachments:
    elaborate
    Participant

i realized now toolchain installer for all users doesn’t work but current user works very well

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks, we have confirmed that toolchains manually installed for all users (as opposed to the current user) won’t automatically appear in the VS2022 toolchain selector until you manually use the “Select a third-party toolchain” link. This is a side effect of VS2022 being a 64-bit process. Toolchains installed directly via the toolchain selector should still work.

We have fixed the issue on our side and will include the hotfix in the upcoming VisualGDB 5.6R3. As a workaround until then, please consider installing the toolchains for the current user only, or locating them manually via the dropdown in the toolchain selector.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.