VisualGDB Build Window steals focus

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB Build Window steals focus

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    curtis.hendrix
    Participant

I just kicked off a build with CTL+Shift+B, and then switched over to the Git Changes windows in Visual Studio 2019 to start typing out the commit comment.  But the VisualGDB Build window stole focus when it started the build.  So I clicked back into the Git Changes window in VS 2019, started to type out the commit comment, and the VisualGDB Build window stole focus again when it finished.  It’s really irritating when something steals focus just because.

Is there a setting I can change that will stop the VisualGDB Build window from stealing focus?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem. Please try setting the Tools->Options->VisualGDB->Advanced Build->Build Results Window Stickiness option to 0.

You can find more about various VisualGDB settings, including a searchable list of them on this page.

curtis.hendrix
    Participant

Unfortunately that does not work.  I set the Build Results Window Stickiness to 0 and the build window still steals focus.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try restarting Visual Studio. If it doesn’t help, you can disable the advanced build window completely via Tools->Options->VisualGDB->Advanced Build->Show build output from VisualGDB projects in = Regular Build Window.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.