VisualGDB and msbuild

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB and msbuild

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    KolesnikovAkexandr
    Participant

Hi!

Is it possible to somehow configure toolchains from the console? I’m trying to compile a project using but I get an error: error: No toolchain found. Plese configuration of the toolchain via VisualGDB Project Properties.

No opportunity to open in Visual Studio and customize.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, please try running VisualGDB.exe /pkgmgr

KolesnikovAkexandr
    Participant

Thanks for your reply! But I need to initialize tolchan only using the console on the remote computer. Your command opens the package manager window

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, VisualGDB doesn’t provide any console-only commands for managing toolchains (you can install them via the VisualGDB Package Manager though). Please feel free to describe your setup so that we could suggest a better workaround.

KolesnikovAkexandr
    Participant

I’m trying to make gitlab ci for a project under stm32. After each commit, the repository on the remote machine is rebooted without the initialized toolchain . The project is built using msbuild

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation. Please try using the team settings as shown in this tutorial: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/ci/tfs/

Please configure your CI server to set the AGENT_WORKFOLDER environment variable to any non-empty value so VisualGDB will detect that it’s running from a build server and will apply team settings & rebuild the missing files fully automatically.

KolesnikovAkexandr
    Participant

I have little progress and almost build a project. But now I have error message:
    ExecutePrebuildActions:
    VisualGDB version 5.3.18.1973
    System.InvalidOperationException
    System.InvalidOperationException: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.
    at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.ShowCore(IWin32Window owner, String text, String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton, MessageBoxOptions options, Boolean showHelp)
    at d81.m(String a, Object[] b)
    at oh1.f_4(ck1 a)
    at p52..ctor(VisualGDBProjectSettings2 b, mc c, IDELevelProjectInfoForBuilding d, uz a)
    at VisualGDB.MSBuild.BuildHelper..ctor(String vgdbSettingsFile, IDELevelProjectInfoForBuilding info)
    at Sysprogs.build.tasks.shared.LaunchVisualGDB.Execute()
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\MSBuild\Targets\external.targets(5,3): error : Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like VisualGDB fails to initialize and the service configuration is preventing it from displaying the error message properly (likely due to missing per-user configuration files). Please try temporarily configuring the service as an interactive service so that you can see the VisualGDB error messages). Please also ensure you run VisualGDB from the same user account that you used to configure it (toolchain definitions and other settings are stored separately for each user).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.