VisualDDK symbols & breakpoints

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion VisualDDK symbols & breakpoints

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sn0w
    Participant

hi guys! who can explain, why the symbols couldnot be loaded?!? in a previous(first) session all of them were downloaded automatically via VS & VKD and stored in symbol dir, all modules was with correct Symbol File and Symbol status fields, but now something strange happens, and the .pdb still in the specified folder

i misunderstand, what happened with a symbols?! i even cant set a breakpoint via command prompt =(
    (btw – this is normal that i have no reply on bl when the several bps still in breakpoint list?)

sn0w
    Participant

symbol path is set. and there is a correct symbols, but why it cant see them

support
    Keymaster

try the .reload command
    also see the VisualDDK settings window to customize symbol-related behavior

sn0w
    Participant

VisualDDK configured to query MS sym svrs for modules seen first time, and to load for all mods.

but solved, i’d unexpected this way: .reload /f /d /v executed too fast, but finally did nothing

VisualDDK symbol path is set to: c:Symbols
    Visual studio symbol cache is set to: C:Symbols_studio (VS concats this path with trailing “MicrosoftPublicSymbols”)

symbol load began to work properly when ive copied content from c:symbols to c:symbols_studioMicrosoftPublicSymbols

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.