Visual Studio Navigaion bar is empty after installing VisualGDB

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Visual Studio Navigaion bar is empty after installing VisualGDB

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    helpme
    Participant

Hi.  After I installed VisualGDB, I noticed that the Navigation bar was blank/empty.  Normally this bar would display the multiple projects in a drop-down menu that shared the opened file.  For example, if I opened foo.cpp and it was shared in Proj1 and Proj2, the Navigation bar would allow me to select Proj2 and compile foo.cpp for Proj2.  Note that I was using a “shared” project when noticing this issue.

Has anyone see this issue?

To enable the Navigation bar in Visual Studio:  Tools –> Options –> Text Editor –> C/C++ –> General –> Navigation bar

Thank you,

Jon

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The VisualGDB navigation bar works slightly differently (it automatically picks up the most relevant project and instead shows scopes and referenced entities). Either way, it should not be empty. Please feel free to attach a screenshot of the entire VS window (errors, highlighting irregularities, etc. might provide useful clues) and we will try to help you diagnose this.

Another quick option would be to switch back from Clang IntelliSense to VS IntelliSense. It is less compatible with GCC-specific language extensions, but will provide the regular VS navigation bar.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.