Visual Studio multiple Debug Consoles

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Visual Studio multiple Debug Consoles

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    koehlert
    Participant

Hi,

I have a solution with multiple start projects. One remote Linux project, one Embedded Project and one Windows Forms Project.

When I start my projects, I only get one console. In most instances the ARM Semihosting Console, but seemingly by luck I get the Remote Console instead. But i would like to debug both Projects at the same time and also see the Program output at the same time. By Switching the debugged Process in the top right corner I wont get another output.

Can someone please tell my, if and how i can switch between ARM Semihosting Console and Remote Console or even show both at the same time?

Or do I have to split my Solution into two or three different Solutions to debug them simultaniously?

Tim

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, this is a known limitation of VisualGDB. It offers numerous debug-time tool windows that provide various insights into the state of the target and the debug session, however this only works when only one VisualGDB-based debug session is active at the same time. As a workaround, please consider splitting your solution into multiple ones.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.