Visual Studio 2017 Intellisense option greyed out in Project Properties

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Visual Studio 2017 Intellisense option greyed out in Project Properties

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dmitryponv
    Participant

Why is the Intellisense option greyed out, I want to turn off the Clang and jsut use the visual studio built in intellisense

NOTHING is working for Right Click context menus

I Cannot GO TO DEFINITION
    I Cannot Switch Between Source and Header files
    I Cannot Find all References
    None of the Errors get underlined

I created the project with visualgdb from scratch, and I am not trying to change the menu while it’s running

Why is this? How can I fix this?
    Is this because I am using an older license?

Im using 5.3R8 build 1973 with Visual Studio 2017.
    I cannot use anything later because the support ended on 1/25/2018

Im fine with this, this version does everything I need it to

Does SYSPROGS cripple old versions like this in order to make users buy new licenses?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by dmitryponv.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We do not deliberately break the old versions of our products, however many external tools that VisualGDB depends on (e.g. Visual Studio itself, various toolchains, frameworks, debugging tools, etc) keep being updated and they do not always retain 100% backward compatibility.

As long as you are using the same versions of all tools and components as you did initially, VisualGDB should continue working. However, trying to use a VisualGDB version released several years ago with the latest Visual Studio updates may indeed lead to unpredictable results.

dmitryponv
    Participant

Thanks

But why is the Intellisense option completely greyed out and how can I enable the search features of Visual Studio 2017?

The Expiration date was in January 2018, so the version I’m using should be fully compatible with VS 2017

Thank you,

support
    Keymaster

For your reference, VS2017 has been updated multiple times since 2018: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/releasenotes/vs2017-relnotes

There may be many reasons why VisualGDB is not working on a specific machine (e.g. corrupt installation, broken registry, incompatibility with other packages) and our normal technical support covers troubleshooting them. However, we are only able to offer it to users with active technical support running the latest version of VisualGDB.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.