Visual GDB Test package install

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Visual GDB Test package install

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Malte
    Participant

I am trying to install a test package (CPPUTest), and run into a myriad of issues:

1. installing the package via the package manager as an online package fails (note I was able to install other packages via the package manager)
      VisualGDB version: 6.0.101.5147
      ------------------ mo2+d1 ------------------
      mo2+d1: Some packages could not be installed:
      An exception occurred during a WebClient request.
      Please check the error log for more details.
      at mo2.y1.b(yu3 a)
      at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.ItemizedProgressWindow.<>c__DisplayClass2_0`1.<RunAction>b__0()</code>
      <code>trace=[mo2+y1.b:0, VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.ItemizedProgressWindow+<>c__DisplayClass2_0`1.<RunAction>b__0:0]

Now after this failure Visual Studio locks up: I can not close the VisualGDB Paclkage manager, and visual studio tells me when I quit that there is a modal dialog blocking input. Well the  “close” button and the x icon in the toolbar dont work.
    2. installing the package from a file (obtained from https://visualgdb.com/hwsupport/) fails:
      VisualGDB version: 6.0.101.5147
      ------------------ System.Exception ------------------
      System.Exception: Unknown package file signature
      at mo2.u1(String b, String a, Boolean c, e2 d, yu3 f, a e)
      at mo2.t(String a, j1 b, yu3 c)
      at mo2.l.b(yu3 a)
      at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.ItemizedProgressWindow.<>c__DisplayClass2_0`1.<RunAction>b__0()</code>
      <code>trace=[mo2.u1:1024, mo2.t:68, mo2+l.b:18, VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.ItemizedProgressWindow+<>c__DisplayClass2_0`1.<RunAction>b__0:0]

Please advice on the easiest way to use CPPUTest with VisualGDB (I hope that just fixing the signature makes all three issues non detectable, although I assume you want to fix the lockup of the gui in cas e a package fails to install).

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like your antivirus hooks the Visual Studio process (possibly, to scan the downloaded file), and than encounters some kind of a internal error. The easiest way around it would be to add Visual Studio to the exception list.

The manual installation should normally work. If it doesn’t, please share the exact URL of the file you are trying to install, and we will recheck it.

Malte
    Participant

Hi,

I tried with the following file:

https://sysprogs.com/getfile/241/CppUTest-3.8r2.vgdbxtfp
    MD5 hash is 8305A2229821BED05B14B8FA9B9CBE3D

Note:
    I tried again to verify that installing other packages works, I selected the stm MP1 toolchain, which started downloading, after I canceled the download the gui was hung as described above. My main issue is the CppUTest installation, unblocking the gui would be another bonus. By the way: the Embedded Profiler and fast semihosting pakage was a nother instance where the package manager did not work for me.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like your browser automatically unzips the package when downloading (it’s a .tar.gz file). The correct (gzipped) MD5 should be ff56c76650114839e718ce8e4265ffac.

You can try downloading it with wget, re-gzipping the unzipped file, or just manually renaming it to .tar and extracting to the destination directory.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.