Very small bug on VisualGDB

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Very small bug on VisualGDB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mattia
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using VisualGDB 5.6 Beta 3, build 4182. I found this small bug in the IDF projects: when you choose ESP32-C3 in Explore Solutions->VisualGDB project properties, click ok, when you try to enter again in VisualGDB project properties the chip chosen is ESP32 and not ESP32-C3, as if it is not retained in memory.

Mattia Berton

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem and thanks for letting us know. We have fixed the issue in this build: VisualGDB-5.6.5.4230.msi

mattia
    Participant

Hello,

it is correct now. I’ve found another bug, but I’m not sure about it: I would like to use the USB Jtag/serial as console output, but if I try to set it in VisualGDB properties->ESP-IDF Project->Channel o console output->USB CDC and press OK, when I enter in the same menu again the option set is “Default: UART0”. All other options work: Default, Custom UART, None.

What could it be the cause?

Thank you,

Mattia Berton

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This could be something specific to ESP-IDF itself. E.g. the USB is not enabled for this project, hence the setting gets reverted back. Please try changing the same setting via ESP-IDF menuconfig (you can launch it via the context menu in Solution Explorer).

If menuconfig works as expected, please follow the steps below to narrow down the problem

1. Make a backup of the <project directory>\sdkconfig file before changing the setting.
    2. Change the setting via VisualGDB Project Properties
    3. Restore the backed up file
    4. Change the same setting with menuconfig
    5. Send us the 3 versions of the sdkconfig file (before, after editing with VisualGDB, after editing with menuconfig) along with the test project name, the ESP-IDF version and the device type, and we will try to reproduce the issue on our side.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.