Version 5.4 feedback / issues

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Version 5.4 feedback / issues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bfx
    Participant

I downloaded 5.4  (Preview 10, later I did Beta 1), and just tried to “Create a new App with a simple native library”, using Gradle as the builder. I choose Android 8.1, SDK platform: android-27, and NDK platform: android-27, and click Finish.

It does the setup just fine.  Then a few odd things when I go to build I get:

Starting a Gradle Daemon, 1 busy and 2 incompatible and 4 stopped Daemons could not be reused, use –status for details

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
    A problem occurred configuring project ‘:app’.
    > NDK not configured.
    Download it with SDK manager.

So I go to VisualGDB Project Properties, and I see the “Targeted Android NDK platform is set to “Android-8” (why? I told it I wanted android-27 before) So I set it to Android-27 in the drop-down menu.

I get the same error.  My NDK, Android SDK, etc are all set up properly.  Everything works perfectly when I use the ANT method.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to future versions and improvements!

Also wanted to underline what I’m seeing with more and more gradle daemons getting started. Doesn’t seem to just use a single gradle daemon, they keep piling up. Thanks for any advice.

bfx
    Participant

Clarification:  When I say ” I get the same error.  ” I mean, when I repeat the build with the new settings, I get the same error as before.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like some conflict between Gradle instances started by different programs. Do you have Android Studio running in background? If yes, please try closing it. If this solves the problem, please ensure that both VisualGDB and Android Studio use the same SDK/NDK versions and that they both run from the same user account (including the “Run as administrator” setting). This should prevent Gradle from restarting the daemon instances.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.