Using Real-time Watch with uC/OS III

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Using Real-time Watch with uC/OS III

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    smadeux
    Participant

Right now my company is using uC/OS III on their embedded devices and I’m try to figure out if it is possible to look at uC/OS III threads with the VisualGDB Real-time Watch. I’ve tried playing around with the settings to see if I can get it to work with one of our devices. So far, though nothing I’ve tried has yielded any results. When I check the box that says “Allow tracing various RTOS events in Real-time Watch”, I just get an error message saying, “No RTOS detected in <Project Name>”.

I created a sample blinking LED project with Free RTOS and that the Real-time Watch worked just fine with that. I’m wondering if there is any way to connect our uC/OS III and see threads, CPU usage, and so forth.

I’m using an STM32f437VI with an ST-Link v3 and OpenOCD. Let me know if any other information would be useful.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem. VisualGDB comes with out-of-the-box support for FreeRTOS, RTX and Zephyr (NRFConnect SDK only). If you would like to target an RTOS that is not currently supported, you would need to fork our FreeRTOS plugin, and update it to handle the RTOS you are using.

As uC/OS III has a much smaller user base compared to FreeRTOS, we are not planning to support it out-of-the-box, unless some of our customers agrees to directly cover the associated porting costs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.