Using J-Link for RP2040

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Using J-Link for RP2040

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ronter
    Participant

I’m trying to use a Segger J-Link Mini EDU to load and debug a FreeRTOS-SMP project on Raspberry Pi pico.

On the properties page, I entered…

Debug using: Segger J-Link

Debug method: J-Link Software

Debugged device: RP2040_M0_0

Debug interface: SWD

Clock speed(Khz): 3000

When I click the [Test] button it says…  Connect test succeeded.

I set a breakpoint a few lines past main(), then one just before starting the scheduler, so at this point, I’m only running on core 0.

When I try “step into new instance”, my PC says “USB device not recognized”.  The last thing in VisualGDB Output is “Starting target CPU…”, but nothing is happening. The J-Link Web Control panel shows that the J-Link is connected and lists the breakpoints.

If I click on pause, I can see that the program is in a loop…

0x00000030 30 BF wfi
    0x00000032 FD E7 b.n 0x30

I have no idea how it got here, but it happens every time – even after a complete reboot.

Are there any other settings that I need to check?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is actually handled by the J-Link GDB stub. VisualGDB launches it when you press F5, and relies on it to handle the low-level debug interaction.

We would advise checking this with Segger support whether the SMP mode is supported for RP2040; if there is a special command or a command-line parameter that enables it, feel free to post it here and we will help you configure VisualGDB to use it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.