Using CMSIS DSP library with VisualGDP

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Using CMSIS DSP library with VisualGDP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mark_e_c_smith
    Participant

Hi,

I’m new to embedded development and I’m trying to implement some linear algebra operations on an embedded platform.

I’m using a STM32F407VG development board and viusalGDB. I was hoping someone could guide me in adding the CMSIS-DSP library to my project https://www.cs.indiana.edu/~bhimebau/CMSIS/Documentation/DSP/html/index.html.

I’m also hoping to read in and send test data from a text file to the maths operations executing on the embedded target, as well as write the results to a text file. Is this possible and if so could anyone give me some pointers as to how to do this using vusalGDB?

Thanks,

Mark

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can add the library to your project by adding its source files to the Solution Explorer (via Add->Existing item) and then adding the paths of the header files to the Include Directories field of the VisualGDB Project Properties (or just trying to include one of the header files from your sources and then following VisualGDB’s prompts to add the necessary header directories).

mark_e_c_smith
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the help. Can you also suggest a method of reading in data from a text file (simulating data received from a sensor). I’d also like to write computed results to a text file. Is there a way of doing this using VisualGDB?

support
    Keymaster

The easiest way to achieve that would be to embed the simulated data into your program as an embedded resource and then reference the Fast Semihosting framework via VisualGDB Project Properties -> Embedded Frameworks and output the results via the regular printf() calls. The output will be shown in the Semihosting Output window inside Visual Studio and can be saved to a file at the end of the debug session (see VisualGDB Project Properties -> Embedded Debug Tweaking).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.