Undefined reference to Raspicam Library

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Undefined reference to Raspicam Library

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    josealb
    Participant

Hello,

I have followed this tutorial for using the Raspberry Pi camera with VisualGDB.

http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/raspberry/camera/

The tutorial is great and I get to the point where I can remotely debug the “hello world” program.

I can also compile the Raspicam library.

However, when I try to compile the code that calls the library I get the error:

Error undefined reference to `raspicam::RaspiCam::RaspiCam()’

I have tried redoing everything, I have tried specifying the library explicitly but nothing seems to work, maybe I am doing it wrong though. Any ideas?

I have already spent 2 days with this problem and no luck in getting it to run 🙁

Thank you

josealb
    Participant

I found the problem. I needed to specify the library in the visualgdb properties. And also do it using the short name (no lib or .so)

How come that’s not in the tutorial, isn’t this something you always need to do? It might be obvious but the rest of the tutorial is really step by step.

Anyways huge thank you for the great guide and software, it really helped me get started with RPI and the camera!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The library should be added automatically as long as you reference the corresponding project from your main project. Perhaps you missed that step or something went wrong and the reference was not handled correctly?

josealb
    Participant

Hmm yes that might be it! I didn’t reference it because on my version of Visual Studio the reference was done outside properties so I couldn’t find it 😛

I had to find it later for the library to be deployed to the Pi.

Thank you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.