Error with 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package.Variant' after updating to VS 16.10

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Error with 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package.Variant' after updating to VS 16.10

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wtywtykk
    Participant

Hi,

I upgraded VS to 16.10.0 and I’m having trouble using CLang intellisense. When I copy/cut/paste, it shows the following message:

Could not load type ‘Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package.Variant’ from assembly ‘Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package.LanguageService.15.0, Version=16.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’.

Regular VS projects and native intellisense is fine. Only CLang have such problem.

johnc
    Participant

I have the same issue. There are certain *.cpp files that I cannot edit at all whilst others remain unaffected.

support
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

Thanks, we confirm that VS 16.10 is missing one of the classes used by language services (such as Clang IntelliSense) to query information from Visual Studio using the backward-compatible COM interfaces. We are working on this and will release a hotfix in the next couple of hours.

Update: we have added a workaround to the issue to the following build: VisualGDB-5.6.1.4119.msi. We will also release hotfixes for VisualGDB 5.5 and VisualKernel 3.1 soon.

Update #2: we have also released VisualGDB 5.5R5 and VisualKernel 3.1R9 that include a fix to this issue. You can get them via the regular download pages if you do not want to install the beta.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by support.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by support.
    johnc
    Participant

Looks like the fix worked; thank you!

dria74
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve the same issue with VisualGDB 5.4 version (r12 does not solve the problem)

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB 5.4 has been released over 2 years ago and is no longer maintained. In order to get the latest updates, we recommend updating to VisualGDB 5.6.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.