Unable to see value of variables

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Unable to see value of variables

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    RingMaster
    Participant

Hi,

I am using trial version of VisualGDB.

My working environtment is
    – Windows 8.1
    – VisualStudio 2013
    – adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030
    – android-ndk-r9d

I can build, run, and breakpoints hit, but the value of variable is not visible.
    When I hover mouse cursor on variable, “-var-create: unable to create variable object” message is printed.

I saw viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2971&p=6877 and tried, but it did not work.

I also tried ndk-r8e(toolchain 4.7) and it worked well, but I want to use latest NDK(r9d)

What can I do?

ket
    Participant

Hi,

Adding the -gdwarf-3 flag to LOCAL_C_FLAGS of all your modules in Android.mk should have solved the issue. Using the 4.8 toolchain from Android NDK and having debugging otherwise working but no variable values shown is the symptom for this issue. Are you certain that you rebuilt the solution after adding this flag?

You can also switch to using the 4.6 toolchain with the latest NDK. The toolchain version can be changed on the Makefile settings page in VisualGDB Project Properties.

Could you give an example of variable values you are trying to see (code example, at which line of code is execution paused and which variable values are you trying to see)? Only variables that have been initialized and are within the current execution scope can be seen by gdb.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.