Unable to Open Visual gdb Project Properties

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Unable to Open Visual gdb Project Properties

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    faisal08
    Participant

Hello All,

I have problem with Visual GDB project properties. I am unable to opent it.
    I attached the screen shot of the log.

I have this problem with all the old project, it is work only when I create a new project than it open and work but not with old projects.

Please check the screen shot/log

VisualGDB version: 5.6.108.4702
    —————— System.NullReferenceException ——————
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at ac2.get_MainExecutable()
    at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.Configuration_editors.ProjectPropertiesEditModel.LookupSettingsFile(b22 a)
    at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.Configuration_editors.ProjectPropertiesEditModel..ctor(b22 d, Boolean e, f63 c, AlternateDebuggerSetup a, mh1 b)
    at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.Configuration_editors.MultipleProjectPropertiesEditModel.CreateConfigurationModel(b22 a)
    at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.Configuration_editors.MultipleProjectPropertiesEditModel.a(u a)
    at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.Configuration_editors.MultipleProjectPropertiesEditModel..ctor(hj3 b, f63 a)
    at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.ProjectPropertiesWindow3..ctor(hj3 prj, Type pageTypeToSelect)
    at f92.GDBProjectProperties.ExecuteForProject(f92 addIn, Object objPrj, Type pageTypeToSelect)
    trace=[ac2.get_MainExecutable:0, VisualGDB.Common_GUI.Configuration_editors.ProjectPropertiesEditModel.LookupSettingsFile:3067, VisualGDB.Common_GUI.Configuration_editors.ProjectPropertiesEditModel..ctor:135, VisualGDB.Common_GUI.Configuration_editors.MultipleProjectPropertiesEditModel.CreateConfigurationModel:0, VisualGDB.Common_GUI.Configuration_editors.MultipleProjectPropertiesEditModel.a:117, VisualGDB.Common_GUI.Configuration_editors.MultipleProjectPropertiesEditModel..ctor:43, VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.ProjectPropertiesWindow3..ctor:6, f92+GDBProjectProperties.ExecuteForProject:75]

Please help me out.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like some part of the project settings got corrupt, although it’s hard to tell anything specific without knowing more context of the issue.

Please try reverting the project to the last version that worked. If you can then point out a specific setting that triggers the issue, we can gladly release a hotfix for it, or suggest a workaround.

faisal08
    Participant

Hello,

I am unable to reverting to the last version.
    This happen to all the old projects I dont know why.
    The thing is that these all project are develop in VS2015.

Please help me out

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try creating a new MSBuild-based project using the VisualGDB project wizard corresponding to your project type. If the newly created project works, please try comparing the .vcxproj files of the old vs. new project.

If you find multiple differences, you can try eliminating them one-by-one by manually editing the files. Once you find a difference that is causing the issues, you can manually apply it to the old files.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.