Unable to integrate with VS 2017

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Unable to integrate with VS 2017

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zarathes
    Participant

Did a clean install of VS 2017 today and downloaded and installed the latest version of VisualGDB.
    I see no signs of integration that I had with VS 2015.

I’m using a solution that worked on VS 2015 and when I try to build I get a message that my version of VisualGDB  does not support Linux projects.

Tried removing and re installing VisualGDB multiple times.

Any tips?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are you installing the latest VisualGDB 5.2R9? Does Visual Studio 2017 appear in the VS version list in VisualGDB installer when you click “custom install”?

If yes, please try check if the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Sysprogs\VisualGDB folder exists and if Visual Studio reports any errors via ActivityLog.xml when running devenv.exe /LOG.

Zarathes
    Participant

Yes, I’ve installed the latest version.
    And yes, VS 2017 shows and is checked in the custom installer.

I’ve solved my problem.
    I had VS 2017 installed to a custom location but added a space to the name of the root folder by accident.
    VisualGDB did install to that path but did not add the space. So it was in a different folder.
    Reinstalled VS 2017 with the right path and it’s working now.

Wouldn’t have found that without the suggestion.

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know it works. BTW, VisualGDB should be able to install even if the VS is installed to a custom directory. So we would really appreciate it if you could let us know the details on your previous installation parameters so that we could reproduce it and ensure VisualGDB would detect it properly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.